AI & Behavioral Marketing Together.
Now even more and more marketing platforms starting to collect information such as site usage, browsing patters, search history and content preferences to create specific customer profiles. These profiles are used for new marketing strategies that help marketers to create custom messages to address to their prospects.An interesting think Adobe says is that machines will start making strategic marketing decisions. In 2018, marketing platforms collected and stored information such as site usage, browsing patterns, search history and content preferences to create customer profiles and behaviour marketing strategies that help marketers create custom messages to address these prospects. But the next step is even more exciting. In such a situation, the software will analyse data to build segments, start and stop campaigns across various channels and create a custom copy that will target perceived personalities. Because customers are more loyal when they see marketing that specifically targeted to them based on their behaviours, these advances in AI and behavioural marketing in 2019 will allow marketers to more effectively engage with their prospects and customers.Due of tools like Intercom and Drift, marketers can use AI-powered live chats to communicate with prospects. And because of the fast improvement of this technology, I think that brands will embrace AI live chat and use it to improve their services on their websites!
Brands & Influencer Marketing
In the last couple of years influencer marketing has been growing in popularity. In 2019 more and more brands will start using influencer marketing as a part of their marketing strategy. According to a research of Small Business Ideas and Resources for Entrepreneurs, 84% of marketers planned to do at least one influencer campaign in 2018. So I think this will rise in 2019. . Clothing and beauty brands have had great success with using micro influencers and major celebrities for a while now, but now big brands like Amazon are also getting in on the action.
Of course, consumers are a big part of influencer marketing, as well. Brands will continue to give their existing customers a chance to suggest their products. Think the Starbucks White Cup Contest and Coca- Cola’s Share a Cokecampaign. This type of user-generated content allows brands to make consumers a part of the brand story and buyer experience.
To come back on Amazon’s influencer program. Amazon recently added some kind of self-service tool where influencers can build a page on Amazon with a dedicated vanity URL to show their followers all the products they really like and recommend. This will make it a lot easier for the influencer to share product recommendations and earn money with it while doing it.
Consumers, especially younger ones, prefer content that feels less "staged"and feel natural. Subtle sponsored content, created by influencers, that feels and looks organic promoted by influencers is very effective. Almost 95% of all marketers who currently use influencer marketing in their marketing strategy believe it is effective, and I only expect this number of marketers to increase in 2019.
Live Proffesional Video
Live video’s will continue to be a trend in 2019 but not just a simple video but a professional live video. What I noticed is that almost every social media platform is joining the live video movement and are adding new features to their platforms. Live video is a great way to connect with your audience, and the holding-a-phone-in-your-hand live video won't be acceptable anymore. So, this is going to be a real nice challenge for marketers, how can they improve their live video skills in a way that really connects with their target audience and followers.
New Advertising Formats Will fight Ad-Blocking Technology
More and more people are discovering ad-block software and dealing with this has been a real challenge for marketers the past years. Also Google is working on a Chrome-tool that mutes autoplay videos and this might sound great for consumers, but this is not good news for advertisers.
But there is also good news for Facebook. Facebook have found ways to disable ad-blocking software so the created content from the brands will be seen by their targeted audience. Netflix also has a solution for the ad-blocking problem, but it comes with a downside. Although Netflix is officially ad free, they had critisized and had problems in the past for obvious product placement in the Netflix Original series ‘’The Ranch’’. From 2017, Accenture began working on a product placement technology that it believes will be a billion-dollar revenue generator in the next few years and will address the issues advertisers are facing with ad-blocking software.
This AI-driven solution will be used to quickly scale, place and personalize logos and products that could appear in related content. For example, if you’ve been doing research on a new branded Laptop Model online and decide to watch a Netflix Original series, that same Laptop Model could appear as a character’s prop or on a billboard in the background of a crucial scene. It could be tailored for each user, allowing personalization and re-targeting to mix where customers are already heavily invested.
Some additional trends to consider
- Mobile Marketing - Performance Marketing
- Personalized online presence - Think unique
- Integration of Content Marketing & SEO.
- The trend of stories in social media
- With Digital Marketing you can reach the larger segment and also number of the audience. For example, when you create a post on Facebook, with just one post, you can reach n number of people without spending much. You can attract the large segment of people in less time.
- Quick marketing: When you try to expand your business with the help of traditional channels, it takes really long to reach the desired goals. With the help of digital marketing, you can achieve your goals in very less period of time. Digital marketing gives you quick results and that is our main motive, to achieve more is less span of time.
- Cost friendly: Digital marketing is very cost friendly. You don’t have to spend much to attract your target audience. Just the right kind of content and marketing strategy, you can achieve great results without spending much. Digital marketing does not demand money but time, patience and hell lot of creativity.
- Fast marketing: This marketing is very fast. You will get the results on time and sometimes before time and it is worth it. Time efficiency is best in the digital marketing.
- Target the right audience: It is very important to target the right audience in order to get more sales. If you keep on promoting the right product to the wrong people all your efforts will be wasted. With the help of digital marketing, you can target the right audience for your products and services and achieve better results with less efforts.